Stretchers used in air raid shelters during the Blitz of World War Two were reused as railings and fences around buildings which can still be seen today. The list is the current known locations based mostly on the list produced by the Stretcher Railings Society. Click on the links to see the railings in Google Streetview.
- Aird House and Banks House, Rockingham Street, Southwark
- Rankine House, Rennie House, Brunlees House and Rumford House, Bath Terrace, Southwark
- Tabard Garden Estate, Tabard Street, Southwark
- Brambles House, Devons Road, Bromley By Bow
- Rowley House, Trevithick Street, Greenwich
- Moffat House, Comber Grove, Camberwell
- Mereton Mansions, Brookmill Road, Lewisham
- Longleigh House, Bodeny House and Mayward House, Peckham Road, Peckham
- Cotton House, New Park Road, Clapham
- Crossman Houses, New Park Road, Clapham
- Angus House, Atkins Road, Thornton
- Union Grove, Lambeth (55 Union Grove – according to Google Maps)
- Shrewsbury House (58 Kennington Oval – according to Google Maps)
Pictures below are from an Evening Standard article published on 13th August 2017.